Hey girls, aly here! It's time again for the chat summary for Sunday's chat! I must say, going into the topic, I didn't think I would have much to say, but I ended up really enjoying this topic and learned a lot about what other #bbloggers think as well! As always, if you would like to sign up to do a summary, you can do so here. And please remember to be kind to the person writing the summary, since they are taking time out of their day to do so! Also, please, please, PLEASE remember to vote each week! We only had 53 votes this week, and at one point - we were getting over 200, I'm not sure what has happened, but please - vote & remind others to vote! :) xo
I was really excited when Aly Marie from Wonderland Beauty tweeted me in the week asking if I would like to write the BBloggers Summary for this week!
The topic for this week is ‘All about Giveaways, when you should do them, ideas about rules, what to include etc.’
Every weekend you can vote for which topic you would like to see on the Sunday chats. Please don’t forget to cast your vote as it’s your chance to help decide what we are going to be chatting about!
Sadly this week only 50 people voted which is a shame as there used to be over 200 votes for the Sunday Chats at one point. I’m not sure if that is because we are near Christmas and every one is quite busy with Christmas parties and Christmas shopping etc which is understandable of course! But I really do hope the votes start to pick up again soon!
Anyway enough rambling from me lets start with the summary!
· Generally bbloggers love giveaways, whether it’s to hold them or to enter them. A lot of #bbloggers said it’s a nice way to have a chance of winning products you might not necessarily be able to afford yourself
· Not all #bbloggers can afford to buy products for giveaway and running a lot of giveaways can be expensive and time consuming
· #BBloggers are also aware that by doing giveaways, you open yourself up to ‘fake followers’ who will only follow you while you are running the giveaway and unfollow again as soon as the giveaway is closed and a winner announced
· Many #Bbloggers feel giveaways should be held during milestone follower marks, for example 100 followers or 500 followers.
· Giveaways are generally thought of as a nice way to say thank you to loyal followers
· Doing giveaways just to gain followers is not very popular amongst #bbloggers
· For giveaway rules, following on Twitter and GFC for a giveaway is popular. On the one hand. Constantly sharing and tweeting about a giveaway can get a little out of hand, but on the other hand it is a nice way to find new blogs.
· Popular giveaway prizes include prizes where the winner can choose the shade (of a lipstick for example), popular beauty products and product that the #BBlogger running the giveaway loves too!
· If you are doing a giveaway or a swap make sure you send the prize as it’s not fair otherwise!
But as always, everyone agrees that it’s your blog, so you shouldn’t feel like you have to follow any rules and you should do whatever you think fits in with your blog
As always, the chat went really quick and at the end all #Bbloggers swapped links
Well that’s it for my summary, and I have included a few tweets of some #Bbloggers as well.
It was lovely chatting to everyone again, and let’s try and get more than 50 votes for next weeks #Bbloggers chat
I’d like to say a big thank you to Aly Marie for asking me to write this summary. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it.
My blog is MakeUp, Beauty, Shopping and you can find it by clicking here. I would love it if you checked it out and let me know what you think J.